Looking for a flexible schedule, meaningful work, and a collaborative team invested in your success?
Blue Blaze Associates is seeking a contract Content Writer / Marketing Strategist for 30-40 hours per week. We’re an award-winning marketing and design agency offering a full suite of creative services and strategic marketing solutions. Our clientele spans many industries and sectors, yet we gravitate to companies and organizations with a passion for what they do and making a positive impact on the world. That’s what makes our work so varied and engaging!
What you’ll do
For each client, you’ll be their trusted partner—deeply understanding their needs and industry, providing strategic guidance, and producing marketing deliverables.
- Deliver compelling content writing, grounded in market research and strategy. You’ll become the expert on your assigned clients, helping them communicate their brand effectively and achieve their goals. This may include:
- Conducting brand research (competitive reviews, stakeholder interviews, buyer personas)
- Synthesizing information to uncover insights, differentiators, and opportunities
- Writing or editing key messages to define brand positioning
- Identifying ideal marketing channels and tactics
- Writing or editing branded content for web, email, social media, radio, video, or print
- Deliver or coordinate other marketing services. Based on your client’s scope of work and your level of experience, you may carry out the following tasks:
- Guiding website design and SEO strategy
- Setting up and managing email marketing campaigns
- Coordinating print production and/or mailings
- Managing social media accounts
- Researching and negotiating print and/or radio advertising
- Creating and optimizing online advertising campaigns
- Managing client publicity
- Facilitating the purchase of promotional items
- Coordinating photography and videography
- Preparing client reports
The essential skills we’re looking for
- Communication. You’re a skilled writer who can craft branded messaging on multiple channels.
- Organization. You have proven experience managing tasks and deadlines successfully.
- Relationship management. You’re adept at nurturing professional relationships that build trust, encourage collaboration, and set the stage for a long-term partnership.
- Research and analysis. You can facilitate informed, thoughtful decision-making by synthesizing research and discussions into useful insights.
- Commitment to quality. You pay attention to detail, always striving for accuracy and double-checking deliverables before they go to the client.
What we’ll do for you
Blue Blaze will give you the tools to grow as a marketing professional and succeed in your role. We will:
- Assign an experienced project manager to collaborate with you on each of your accounts
- Maintain a library of standardized procedures and templates to support your work
- Offer opportunities to learn new marketing skills by working with a subject matter expert
- Invest in your external professional development
Where you’ll work
It’s up to you! You can work from home or at CSC Station in Wilmington, DE. We have a beautiful office space and a collaboration studio with state-of-the art amenities. Our corner offices overlook the Christina River and are just steps from the Amtrak/SEPTA train station. No matter where you are, you’ll always be fully connected to the hybrid Blue Blaze team and our suite of online resources.
The type of person we’re seeking
- You have a friendly demeanor and are open-minded, curious, and approachable.
- You’re a good listener, willing to put aside your assumptions or ideas to hear others.
- You encourage and incorporate feedback from others to create the best possible outcomes.
- You can work independently but know when to ask for guidance.
- You enjoy collaboration and you’re a supportive, reliable team player.
- You’re willing and able to adapt as our client’s needs change.
- You’re eager to learn and continuously strive to stay current on best practices in your field.
- You’re happy to guide and help other team members who could benefit from your knowledge.
- You proactively seek out a creative solution when faced with an obstacle.
- You do the right thing and act with integrity when faced with difficult decisions.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have ideas about a better way of doing things.
- You’re open to receiving constructive feedback and you welcome opportunities to grow.
Do you have these additional skills? Bonus!
- Experience with distilling science and/or technology concepts and writing content that is clear to non-technical audiences
- Experience using Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Slides, etc.)
- Experience managing web content with WordPress
- Experience using Loomly or Agency Analytics
Want to feel like your work matters? Know that you’re appreciated? Join us!
We believe in building a diverse, inclusive team culture that welcomes and respects each person’s talents and life experiences. Please send your résumé, writing samples, hourly rate requirements and three references to [email protected].