Looking for a flexible schedule, meaningful work, and a collaborative team invested in your success?
Blue Blaze Associates is seeking a contract Production Artist for 10-20 hours per week, with the potential to grow. We’re an award-winning marketing and design agency offering a full suite of creative services and strategic marketing solutions. Our clientele spans many industries and sectors, yet we gravitate to companies and organizations with a passion for what they do. That’s what makes our work so varied and engaging!
What you’ll do:
Graphic design execution
- Collaborate with internal team members and clients to understand the marketing objectives for each deliverable
- Create designs within the client’s brand style guide
- Design a wide range of materials for all digital and traditional channels such as social media, e-newsletters, advertisements, special reports, signage, custom illustrations, packaging design, presentations, trade show materials, etc.
- Crop, resize, and retouch photos for various uses
- Share drafts, incorporate changes, and obtain approvals in an organized, efficient manner
- Build print files according to professional prepress standards
- Communicate accurate, clear specifications of visual designs for code production
It would be great if you also have experience:
- Conceptualizing new visual designs for clients based on strategic brand direction and planned usage (logo, typography, palette, patterns, icons, etc.)
- Designing website wireframes and prototypes (no coding, but an understanding of code basics)
- Designing websites specifically for WordPress
- Editing video and/or audio files
The tools you need to know:
You have complete knowledge and comfort in the latest Adobe Creative Cloud products, including:
- XD is a plus
Where you’ll work:
You can work from home or at CSC Station in Wilmington, DE. We have a beautiful office space and collaboration studio with state-of-the-art amenities. Our corner offices overlook the Christina River and are just steps from the Amtrak/SEPTA train station.
To keep our team connected, we meet monthly at CSC Station, so we’re looking for candidates about two hours from Wilmington, DE. No matter where you are, you’ll always be fully connected to the Blue Blaze team and our suite of online resources.
The type of person we’re seeking:
- You have at least two years of experience and a strong portfolio of print and digital projects.
- You’re a good listener, willing to put aside your own assumptions or ideas to hear others.
- You encourage and incorporate feedback from others to create the best possible outcomes.
- You hit deadlines regularly and reliably.
- You’re well organized—naming and filing documents clearly.
- You’ve successfully managed projects with multiple overlapping tasks.
- You can work independently but know when to ask for help or guidance.
- You pay attention to detail, proofreading your work before sending it for review.
- You communicate effectively, keeping others informed.
- You do the right thing when faced with difficult decisions.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have ideas about a better way of doing things.
- You’re open to receiving constructive feedback and welcome the opportunity to grow.
- You can estimate, manage, and track your time to meet deadlines.
- You’re eager to learn and continuously strive to stay current on best practices in your field.
Want to feel like your work matters? Know that you’re appreciated? Join us!
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send your resume, link to an online portfolio, hourly rate requirements, and three references to [email protected].