Looking for a flexible schedule, meaningful work, and a collaborative team invested in your success?
Blue Blaze Associates is seeking a contract Marketing Strategist | Project Manager for 30-40 hours per week. We are an award-winning marketing and design agency offering a full suite of creative services and strategic marketing solutions. Our clientele spans many industries and sectors, yet we gravitate to companies and organizations with a passion for what they do. That’s what makes our work so varied and engaging!
What you’ll do
For each assigned client, you will serve as the point of contact and project lead, coordinating all resources to complete the scope of work while also nurturing the long-term client relationship.
- Managing project timeline and files
- Developing agendas, leading meetings, and writing minutes
- Assigning tasks to client and to Blue Blaze team members
- Regularly responding to and communicating with the client
- Identifying and removing roadblocks
- Reporting on progress or outcomes
- Providing input and feedback on client proposals for additional work
You will carry out or collaborate on the client’s marketing strategies, depending on the scope of work and your areas of expertise.We’re seeking individuals who have experience in three or more skills below.
- Facilitating a branding process, such as competitive brand reviews, stakeholder interviews, buyer personas, naming, or messaging
- Facilitating website projects, such as sitemap/navigation strategy, audience identification, keyword research, or search engine optimization (SEO)
- Writing or editing client content for web, email, or print
- Setting up and managing email marketing campaigns
- Coordinating print production and/or mailing
- Managing social media accounts and/or Google My Business
- Researching and negotiating print and/or radio advertising
- Creating and optimizing Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising campaigns
- Managing client’s publicity (writing press releases, pitching, media list management)
- Facilitating purchase of promotional items
- Facilitating photography and videography, such as managing contractors, script writing, art direction, shot list
- Preparing client reports (Google Analytics, social media, PPC, etc.)
What we’ll do for you:
Our goal is to provide you with the tools you need to grow as a marketing professional and as a member of a supportive team. At Blue Blaze, you can focus on the areas you love most about marketing without needing to be an expert in everything!
Blue Blaze will:
- Assess your strengths and interests to assign projects that fit you best
- Offer opportunities to learn new marketing skills by working with a subject matter expert
- Pay for external professional development
- Maintain a library of standardized procedures, templates, and best practices to support your work
Where you’ll work:
It’s up to you! You can work from home or at CSC Station in Wilmington, DE. We have a beautiful office space and collaboration studio with state-of-the-art amenities. Our corner offices overlook the Christina River and are just steps away from the Amtrak/SEPTA train station. No matter where you are, you’ll always be fully connected to the Blue Blaze team and our suite of online resources.
The type of person we’re seeking:
- You have a friendly demeanor and are open-minded, curious, and approachable.
- You’re a good listener, willing to put aside your own assumptions or ideas to hear others.
- You encourage and incorporate feedback from others to create the best possible outcomes.
- You respond to clients promptly and professionally.
- You’ve successfully managed projects with multiple, overlapping tasks.
- You can work independently, but know when to ask for help or guidance.
- You pay attention to detail, proofreading your work before sending it for review.
- You communicate effectively through email, phone, and messaging, keeping others informed.
- You’re capable of estimating, managing, and tracking your time to meet deadlines.
- You’re willing and able to adapt as our clients’ needs change.
- You’re eager to learn and continuously strive to stay current on best practices in your field.
- You’re happy to guide and help other team members who could benefit from your knowledge.
- You proactively seek out a creative solution when faced with an obstacle.
- You do the right thing and act with integrity when faced with difficult decisions—even when no one is watching.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have ideas about a better way of doing things.
- You’re open to receiving constructive feedback, and welcome the opportunity to grow.
Do you have these additional skills? Bonus!
- Experience using Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Slides, etc.)
- Experience managing web content with WordPress, Loomly, or Agency Analytics
Want to feel like your work matters? Know that you’re appreciated? Join us!
Please send your resume, writing samples, hourly rate requirements, and three references to [email protected].