Looking for a flexible schedule, meaningful work, and a collaborative team invested in your success?
Blue Blaze Associates is seeking a contract Project Manager / Content Writer for 30-40 hours per week. We’re an award-winning marketing and design agency offering a full suite of creative services and strategic marketing solutions. Our clientele spans many industries and sectors, yet we gravitate to companies and organizations with a passion for what they do. That’s what makes our work so varied and engaging!
What you’ll do
For each client, you’ll be their trusted partner—deeply understanding their needs and industry, providing strategic guidance, leading projects to completion, and producing marketing deliverables.
Deliver market research, strategy, and content writing
You’ll become the expert on your clients, helping them communicate their brand effectively and achieve their goals. This may include:
- Conducting brand research (competitive reviews, stakeholder interviews, buyer personas)
- Synthesizing information to uncover insights, differentiators, and opportunities
- Writing or editing key messages to define brand positioning
- Identifying ideal marketing channels and tactics
- Writing or editing branded content for web, email, social media, radio, video, or print
You’ll be the project manager for your client’s scope of work, making sure we deliver high-quality work on time that meets the client’s expectations. This includes:
- Facilitating productive meetings with clear agendas
- Producing meeting minutes with key decisions and actions
- Assigning tasks to both clients and Blue Blaze team members
- Communicating with the client promptly and professionally
- Reporting on progress or outcomes
- Anticipating and resolving roadblocks to maintain the project timeline
Deliver or coordinate other marketing services
Based on your client’s scope of work, you’ll carry out the tasks below or delegate to a Blue Blaze team member depending on your experience.
- Guiding website design and SEO strategy
- Setting up and managing email marketing campaigns
- Coordinating print production and/or mailing
- Managing social media accounts
- Researching and negotiating print and/or radio advertising
- Create and optimize online advertising campaigns
- Managing client publicity
- Facilitating the purchase of promotional items
- Coordinating photography and videography
- Preparing client reports
The essential skills we’re looking for:
- Relationship management. You’re adept at nurturing professional relationships that build trust, encourage respectful collaboration, and set the stage for a long-term partnership.
- Research and analysis. You can facilitate informed, thoughtful decision-making by synthesizing research and discussions into useful insights.
- Communication. You’re a skilled writer who can craft branded messaging on multiple channels.
- Organization. You have proven experience managing people, tasks, and deadlines successfully.
- Commitment to quality. You pay attention to detail, always striving for accuracy and double-checking deliverables before they go to the client.
What we’ll do for you:
Our goal is to provide you with the tools you need to grow as a marketing professional. Blue Blaze will:
- Offer opportunities to learn new marketing skills by working with a subject matter expert
- Pay for external professional development
- Maintain a library of standardized procedures, templates, and best practices to support your work
Where you’ll work:
It’s up to you! You can work from home or at CSC Station in Wilmington, DE. We have a beautiful office space and collaboration studio with state-of-the-art amenities. Our corner offices overlook the Christina River and are just steps from the Amtrak/SEPTA train station. No matter where you are, you’ll always be fully connected to the Blue Blaze team and our suite of online resources.
The type of person we’re seeking:
- You have a friendly demeanor and are open-minded, curious, and approachable.
- You’re a good listener willing to put aside your assumptions or ideas to hear others.
- You encourage and incorporate feedback from others to create the best possible outcomes.
- You can work independently but know when to ask for guidance.
- You’re willing and able to adapt as our client’s needs change.
- You’re eager to learn and continuously strive to stay current on best practices in your field.
- You’re happy to guide and help other team members who could benefit from your knowledge.
- You proactively seek out a creative solution when faced with an obstacle.
- You do the right thing and act with integrity when faced with difficult decisions.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have ideas about a better way of doing things.
- You’re open to receiving constructive feedback and welcome the opportunity to grow.
Do you have these additional skills? Bonus!
- Experience writing accessible content about science and/or technology
- Experience using Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Slides, etc.)
- Experience managing web content with WordPress
- Experience with Loomly or Agency Analytics
Want to feel like your work matters? Know that you’re appreciated? Join us!
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply! Please send your resume, writing samples, hourly rate requirements, and three references to [email protected].