As a Contract Developer you will work closely with our web team to make our digital designs as elegant under the hood as they are on the surface. This means writing clean, accessible code that faithfully represents the approved visual designs. From prototype to launch, your skills will be integral to the success and efficiency of our team and the final product we deliver to our clients.
- Coding websites, landing pages, emails, ads, web and mobile apps
- Optimizing and performance-tuning applications for usability, file size, traffic requirements and more
- Managing web environments from development phase to launch
- Troubleshooting website and server issues, managing website maintenance plans
You have strong knowledge and comfort in:
- PHP (including legacy versions back to 5.2)
- Standards Compliant HTML/CSS
- Creating responsive websites in WordPress, including multisite networks
- WordPress hierarchy, hooks, and functions
- Evaluating, installing, testing, and debugging WordPress plugins to meet site requirements
- Updating and maintaining multiple WordPress websites; including content updates, visual enhancements, page creation, plugins and widgets
- Adherence to quality guidelines for responsive design, cross-browser compatibility, and security
- Know how to theme a website to an approved visual design
- Have competency in setting up local development environments (WAMP, MAMP)
- Can set up shared hosting environments including configuration, deployment, troubleshooting, etc.
- Have a strong understanding and experience using version control via GIT
- Have experience with e-commerce, membership management plugins
- Are proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud suite (specifically Photoshop), MS Office, and Google Apps
- Have deep knowledge of SEO best practices for both on-page SEO and content
- Know how to build websites and web properties that conform to web accessibility standards
- Understand the elements of effective User Interface (UI) design
- Take ownership of assignments and meet milestones and deadlines
It would also be great if you:
- Have experience managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Know how to Implement Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns (Google, Bing, and Facebook Ads)
- Are proficient with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, running reports, interpreting results
- Have familiarity with Drupal, Shopify, and other content Management Systems (CMS) frameworks
- Have a working knowledge of communication platforms including MailChimp, Constant Contact, Eventbrite. Know how to create email templates that display properly across all email clients
- Have experience with end-user training and documentation
- Can help resolve small, everyday IT issues
- Can use your front-end magic to make designs come to life
- Have a good sense of humor, are enthusiastic, dedicated and creative!
You need to have excellent communication skills, the ability to present to non-technical audiences and to interact with a team from a wide variety of disciplines.
As a well-organized developer with the habit of adhering to the best practices possible, you document your code clearly so that anyone else can pick up the code and understand what’s going on.
You like to share knowledge and are willing and able to guide and help others in the company improve and benefit from your experience and skill.
Rolling up your sleeves and diving in—coding and developing is your primary focus. As an agency, we build all sorts of digital products: websites, web apps, mobile apps and even banner ads, email blasts and multimedia presentations.
When you are assigned to a project, you will work closely with the project manager and visual designer as a team, assisting with estimating and scoping to map out project schedules/milestones. You will follow our processes and work with our UX team to help design, consult and approve software architecture, and you will be accountable for the code quality and performance of your assigned projects.
Blue Blaze Associates, LLC is a full-service marketing and design firm. Core services include: web and multimedia, branding, print communications, media planning and placement, public relations, client relationship building and strategic marketing.
Interested in working with us?
Please send your resume, hourly rate requirements, and links with summary info to your best work online to: