Blue Blaze Associates, LLC seeks a contractor-to-hire Graphic Designer to join our growing firm based in Newark, Delaware. Our clientele is a diverse group from various industries including: banking, renewable energy, education, retail, healthcare, and the nonprofit world. Our services include: branding, strategic marketing, print, web, mobile and multimedia.
You must possess a strong design portfolio (print and web) with a minimum of 2 years experience and be able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting. You’ll work closely with the Creative Director to conceptualize and execute designs for online and offline projects, and you are comfortable brainstorming different ideas and approaches. Your design solutions will work across various channels (web, email, social, video, print,
etc.), and you must have the ability to understand marketing objectives and translate them into design solutions. This work is “hands-on” with a focus on executing new creative.
- Graphic design and concept execution for print, web & multimedia
- Branding & corporate identity design
- Art direction and vendor management
- Assistance with presentation preparation and general project management
You have complete knowledge and comfort in the latest Adobe CC products, including:
You’re also proficient in Sketch, MS Office Suite, including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Video/audio editing knowledge is a plus.
- Understand and have a command of typography, color, composition, visual hierarchy, and how these elements work together
- Understand branding and how to create memorable designs within the brand’s visual guidelines
- Are meticulous about detail and hit your deadlines regularly and reliably
- Account for your work and take ownership of projects from start to finish
- Build your files for print production to professional prepress standards
- Understand the basics of code and how to design well for it
- Have an appetite to learn and grow your skills beyond your comfort zone
It would also be great if you:
- Are experienced designing for CMS platforms such as WordPress and Drupal
- Know what good user-centered design is, and how to build intuitive navigation structures
- Can create accurate, clear specifications of your visual designs for code production
- Understand the components of a brand identity system, and can create a style guide
- Like to research and explore best practices and trends to stay current
- Have a mature, level-headed approach to life and work, and enjoy a new challenge
- Possess a good sense of humor, are enthusiastic, dedicated and love what you do!
You have excellent communication and project management skills, and a precise attention to detail and organization. Setting project schedules and accurately estimating and managing your time are essential daily practices. You are able to present ideas effectively, and have excellent listening skills.
As a well-organized designer, you build and organize your documents (clearly labeling and organizing layers, file names, etc.) so that anyone else can find and open a file and understand what’s going on.
You like to share knowledge and are willing and able to guide and help others in the company improve and benefit from your experience and skill.
Blue Blaze Associates, LLC is a full service marketing and design firm. Core services include: web and multimedia, branding, print communications, media planning and placement, public relations, client relationship building and strategic marketing.
Interested in working with us?
Please send your resume, hourly rate requirements, and links with summary info to your best work online to: